Thursday, July 15, 2010

August 1, I will return to the Bicycle


The last time I rode a bike was on a Sunday morning ride - when I supposed to meet the crew under the Blairstone flyover. Problem is I read Big Jim's Facebook post wrong and was a day late. Latched on to some old friends and rode out the Fern to Tom Brown. I felt really good on the bike. That is until I bailed to get some riding in (because they were to busy stopping and talking). Grooving the lower section I caught a glimpse of some Bike Chain orange and black. It was D from Guardian. He made me suffer on some of the climbs up the multi-use - and he was on a totally rigid single speed. Other than that I rode pretty good. A glimpse of me back in the saddle. Then the bottom fell out, I sold my bike, hurt my back and otherwise off the friend-grid. So my return to two wheels will be on Sunday, August 1st. Who's in?

Return of the Dragon

4 comments:

Double Nought Seven said...

Well, my sciatic sore self is back to riding, on the road that is. Gonna buy a powertap, train like the big boys, just not on the dirt. You can't head butt people on the dirt!

BIG JIM said...

I'll be praying for you

BIG JIM said...

But seriously, Sunday mornings just aren't good for me anymore. In an effort to become a better husband my Sunday mornings are now committed to my beautiful wife. Any of the other six days of the week I should be free to ride....or in the cooler months I should be good for Sunday afternoon rides.

Mark said...

I'm down for some running if my back ever gets right. Otherwise, my plan to not use my mtb license this year is working perfectly.