Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Everybody gotta have a dream


So I've been in my own personal Siberia. I'm no different than any other fool out there. By all accounts I have a perfect life. An American life - A job, wife, kids, two dogs and BBQ on the weekends. I look at the kids homework, do odd jobs around the house and sling my own version of TPS reports at work. Let's just say that I'm invested in the family. That is great but I got this devil on my shoulder driving me to be more, whispering pipe-dreams of stand up comedy fame, real estate tycoon status and bicycle parts liquidator warehouse Internet mogul thingie. I feel guilty for wanting more. I don't need more things. But I do need more achievement. I can't shut the brain down. Meanwhile I'm either losing it or really inspired by a morality play that shouldn't inspire - but it does. Terrance Howard's DJay character has caught my attention with his proclamational song "It ain't over me." The movie is Hustle and Flow from 2005. It's a tough watch because the guy is a scum bag pimp and drug dealer, but yet you can't help from being drawn to the character. I'm guessing I like it because DJay climbs from one of the worst places you can imagine to implied success. I think I'll ride my bike today.

Red Dragon

10 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Keep on dreaming

Juancho said...

No apologies for yourself, or for Djay. Hustle and Flow is art, which is no place for politics. Now I want you to put your hands on the whell right here with and say it- "We in Charge~!"

Human Wrecking Ball said...

When your obligations have been met, you have an obligation to yourself as well. It okay to want more, provided there is a realistic goal involed and not just a diversion from from real life. Take a good well thought out swing, focus and FOLLOW THROUGH!

bikechain said...

WE IN CHARGE! LOL

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I sure say alot for a guy that can't spell.

Juancho said...

me too. I wasn't even drunk when I wrote mine and it's a disaster.

Mark said...

Need to want and want to need, but it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't. Do you want to be fat and slow???

Juancho said...

Hell No! At least not fatter or slower than I am now. I'm pretty fast and skinny for being so fat and slow- if that makes sense.

I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in?

Little Ball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Ball said...

"it hard out here for a pimp..." lol