Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow

Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of the now infamous "lips on my belly" comment. Here's how the story goes.... So we are at cuz's little sister's b-day party. This is the fist time London and myself had been on a date in awhile. It was also the first time we honestly realized we were getting to be a part of the older crowd. London and I got there first which in recent years in itself has become an anomaly. We go to the bar and I start working on my favorite drink. London looks great because we've dressed in our best, hippest, going out clothes. We're feeling right. Then the pretty people show up. An assortment of Abecrombie and Fitch models, all pre-med, show up like they've just spilled out of a limo and walked the red carpet. We fight through the imaginary paparazzi to our hibachi table. London and I sit on the edge. All is going well and I'm behaving for the most part. Introductions, kikoman flipping an egg in his hat, a few drinks and everybody is feeling right. By the time dude is making an onion volcano, everybody is loose and we are starting to fit in, sort of. Then the conversation shifts to everybody going out. I think the birthday girl wants to dance. I puff my chest out proclaiming I can dance. Birthday girl laughs. Inner-redneck man appears and does his best E.F. Hutton. The table talk and laughter came to a screeching halt as I say "shit I can dance, I can do all the dances. I'll jump up on this table and dance. I'll do it with lips on my belly." They all looked perplexed. Mark looked at me like he was mortified, like he was actually embarrassed. Like he was saying WTF and meant it. I wanted to explain but thought better of it as London whispered something about being embarrassed. A few seconds later, that felt like forever, Mark finally broke the deafening silence by erupting with laughter. Not because what I said was funny, but because all of their friends found out I was freak in less than a dinner.

Cheers,

6 comments:

bikediet said...

ROTFLMFAO

BIGWORM said...

"ROTFLMFAO"

nTwf!

Juancho said...

OMG BFF!!!

bikediet said...

NFW, BFFN's

Human Wrecking Ball said...

ayny? lmao. fkn funny.

Spanish Mackerel said...

That!! My friends, are how classic inside jokes are created!!! BTW love how u called the egg flipper "kikoman"....yet another nugget.