Friday, June 26, 2009

I have no self control


So I'll admit it. I don't know how to suffer anymore. I've made some good choices along the way. But then we were sort of out of food. No big deal, make my self a sandwich. Get to work, put it it the fridge. Forget that it's there, OR maybe I make myself forget it's there because I don't want anther crappy turkey sandwich. I roll to Publix because I love it there. As I make my way to the salad cooler, I'm mesmerized by the rhythmic sound of spatulas on the grille top. I snap my head to see dude working up a Philly. Damn, in one short sigh I knew I'd be cheating. I wanted it even more because dude was taking forever after I ordered mine. I was trying to act all cool looking for a place to stand and ended up pacing back and forth. Finally it's wrapped and I'm off. Ate half of it in the parking lot. Ate a quarter of it driving back to work. Feeling pretty crappy now, but not bad enough to throw away this Hersey bar.

5 comments:

Juancho said...

"Feeling pretty crappy now, but not bad enough to throw away this Hersey bar."

It's hot. You need calories. You could die.

At first I thought that was a Monte Cristo sandwich. Now that sounds good.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I have decided to take this week off due to cervical disharmony. I decided to celebrate with KFC. I found out today my kids have never had KFC. It would be criminal to deprive them of that iconic American tradition.

BIGWORM said...

You may have no self control, but know you controlled the hell out of that sammie. The Hershey bar was beggin' to get tossed. It was just plain scared after witnessing the horror of the sandwich's demise. Who needs self control when you can lord over the food domain with such unstoppable power?

RonD said...

Glad your back, Red Dragon, embrace the fatness and be happy.

That is a funny ass post, quality.

Spanish Mackerel said...

Isn't the Monte Cristo a deep fried version of the Club sandwich?? I can't remember the last time I had a Cristo, its gotta be over 11 yrs. Thanks Juancho, now I'm on a Cristo quest, somebody in this town has to be frying em up!

Enjoy your food Dragon, why deny yourself one of life's little pleasures.