Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Step your game up


OK. so I/we have been called out. I have to step my game up. At the end of the day and all of the distractions - I need to ride. Forget the training plans, diaries, excuses - I need to ride. I plan to ride something at least 5 days a week. I know people think I am wacko but I am working on the Mountain Unicycle. Why? Because I want to ride it. It's something I can do from the house and it's an action sport that doubles as core training. 5 days on it and I notice an improvement in balance. It may be that I am more active now but I feel like it has made me stronger. I'll keep at it and let you know.


I have placed a moratorium on complaining. Complaining is like a disease that can completely consume the host. I'm in dark days now trying to bust through the funk. Hoping for a Kitchen Pass this weekend to race Macon. Not in shape for it but that has never been an excuse. Plus, there is something about being chased by Big Jim that has got me motivated. No pre-ride and a 3 1/2 hour day of commute - should be interesting.


Dragon

3 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Wascally wabbit

Spanish Mackerel said...

Woah!!! Hold up.... does that mean you're racing beginner????

BIG JIM said...

Damn skippy.