Thursday, November 6, 2008

Enter the Dragon


Today is the day. Today really starts the hurt. I am now focused on the March 3rd AMBC in Gainesville. I fully expect to win this race going away. This is one of those deals where I know what I have to do - now I just need to do it. I will be looking to bikediet and ricky silk for advice. The first step is to up my capacity for exercise while trying to lose some weight. I ride maybe once a week and over the last few months it was once or twice per month. So ramping up to 5 days a week will be a chore. Looking back at the original posts to this blog I had been feeling like a failure. I weighed last night on the scale and realized I have actually lost 16 pounds this year. I impressed myself while realizing I must have been really fat. I did not reach my goal of "training" so that is a disappointment. I am not nervous but I am uneasy about the sacrifices I am going to have to make. For me, this will be a major change because I pretty much eat whatever I want and a lot of it is junk. I have been here before. Current weight 186 (down from 202). Goal weight 160.


"You are either a winner or a participant, and I'm not participating" Kent Whittington, circa 1989 - backyard football game.


Red Dragon - out

4 comments:

RickySilk said...

I'm ready to give out the tough love.

BIG JIM said...

You'll always be the biggest looser in my book. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

bikediet said...

Can't wait for the weigh in today. I hope someone remembered to bring a scale. Maybe Silk and I should go for most consistent and let you guys battle it out for the biggest loser.
Happy B-day

Juancho said...

I want to weight in too. Do you guys have a forklift?