Monday, November 17, 2008

Carl won't call


Well, looks like I missed out on some good rides this weekend. I was in Destin on a mini vacation so I didn't get to join in. Apparently, Carl came to town this weekend and went riding with the boys - both days - on mountain bikes. It would have been cool to see Carl, and witness him in person since I cannot ever get him to call back or reply to emails. In fact, now that I think about it, maybe I didn't miss anything. Anyway, it sounds like there were a couple of challenges to see who could rip off who's legs. Man I wish I coulda been there. Was not for me though. Instead, I tried to eat everything in sight and have yet to be on a bike in three days. I did, however, run both days and I can hardly walk now. Oh well, it sounds like the cooler weather has everybody fired up again so there should be some more good riding to come. Oh, BTW, David won again down in Tampa this weekend.

7 comments:

bikechain said...

I only saw Carl on Sunday and I am pretty sure he was hung over. He was all done up in a pink kit and riding a pretty sick single speed 29er with gold housing and gold rotors.

BIG JIM said...

Eating everything in site? Sounds like you're on my training regimen.

Way to go Ice Berg! My hero.

Juancho said...

What is it? I want some. Don't worry, I brought my own spoon.

BIGWORM said...

"...and riding a pretty sick single speed 29er with gold housing and gold rotors."

Yeah, I suppose you could say he only rode in a single gear at any given time. He just had 26 others to chose from, when that single one didn't fit his needs.

bikediet said...

Juancho, I guess the peak of my food down fall was the sampler platter that came with chilidogs, hamburgers, fried pickles and chicken wings; of course it was followed up by cupcakes for desert.

bigworm - WYD

bikechain - pay attention in the future

RickySilk said...

carl's bike was titanium with red housing and blue rotors.

bikechain said...

I blog in approximations.