Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Golf Laugh


Believe it or not the Internet does have a definition for “golf laugh”. It states a golf laugh is “To offer a short, polite chuckle to someone as an acknowledgement that they said something THEY think is amusing, but it really isn't. To help someone not feel uncomfortable or embarrassed by politely laughing at their stupid joke.”

Suffices to say and considering the group of guys I hang with I golf laugh…… ALLOT. Aside from the Wrecking Ball and, occasionally, the Spanish Mackerel most of the BC guys just aren’t really that funny. Don’t get me wrong, they definitely believe they are. Perhaps it’s just me.

Other terms:
JL or Jim Laugh: Similar to golf laugh but instead of trying to be polite it has more of a “I am very uncomfortable with this line of joking around can you please stop now before I kill you” tone to it.

LOL or Laughing Out Loud: Often a term used by teenage girls…..or Lil’ Ball…..LOL

9 comments:

BIGWORM said...

gl

Kent said...

jim is a funny, funny man

Kent said...

and... BTW, Terry is not going to die so stop KHATFT.

Mark said...

Seriously, I almost LOL. It was close. I probably would have had it not been for your brutal honesty.

RickySilk said...

ha. ha. ha.

Spanish Mackerel said...

So lets get this right, Gym is not only funny, he's fast on a bike, drives a nice truck with bling bling wheels and has tons of cool gadgets........honey, Greatness is home!

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I LMFAO. Kent, you are funny sometimes, just not the way you intend to be funny. It's more like when you think you are being cool, talk about how you are going to start riding (and kick everyones ass)or when your feelings get really hurt. That is some funny shit....lol. My personal favorite is the look on your face at minute 31, on a ride. ROTFLMAO.

Kent said...

i'll take funny some of the times over been cruel all of the time. my self esteem need that. i'll just go back to looking for jobs i'll never get.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I'm just trying ANYTHING to get you back on a bike. I know when/if I get back, nothing with keep me riding or get me back into shape quicker, than a good ole bulldogged ass whuppin from special K.