Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rusted Root and Last Chance Fancy



Few thought it was possible for the Chehaw Champion to fall this far from grace. The Dragon has become a joke that is no longer funny any more. We're at the uncomfortable stage where it's awkward to make jokes because they're ringing more than true. The Incredibly Fat Hulk is even fatter this year. A disgrace. Next year is my last year in Vet (30-39). Awareness of these bike geek milestones makes you start filling your iPod with anthems like Last Chance Fancy. Then you get all weirded out and have to turn it all manly - yea that's right I'm a rare breed - I SHOULD be a bad ass like the Last of the Mohicans bad asses. Get some bitches.

But alas I'll probably just do yard work and the closest thing I'll come to riding is coaching Pop Warner in BIKE brand shorts. The gauntlets have turned rusty and we're all out of motivational videos. I got nothing for you but results. Let's see where I am on Jan. 9, Mar. 21 and June 5.

Send Me On My Way.

4 comments:

Mark said...

You are right. A lesser man would actually feel bad making jokes at your expense - it really is THAT ugly now. Not me though, and I am pretty sure that Chris and Ron haven't gone soft on me yet. You can count on some more jokes coming your way twinkie face

BIG JIM said...

When I first joined back on the group and heard you wern't riding very much I was like "really1". Now when I hear you may show up on a ride I'm like "really!" Just say'n.

Spanish Mackerel said...

Family always comes first, so just do what you can when you can....we ask nothing more. Nice Mohicans reference btw, love that movie.

Mark said...

Apparently they make diet Twinkies now.....