Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 - a Kent Odyssey - class, you will be graded


Boot Camp; Focus and Disciplined; 20, 20, 10; Red Dragon. All of these except Boot Camp were failures. It's hard thing to look back at your failures, especially since you want so badly to make a difference. It hurts even worse when you believe you were being more responsible when neglecting yourself. For those that know me you understand kids, bills, Pimlico, Pop Warner football, the storage shed, etc.... For those that don't "know" me I'm sure these just sound like excuses. On some levels they are. I'm just like everybody else, trying to balance life. In reflecting on this year, and nearing the end of my third decade, I came to some conclusions. While I try my hardest to do what I can making others happy, I am missing the most important person - me. Looking back on these blog posts I laugh at myself for whiffing at the plate after calling my shots like the Babe. So for 2010, I'm pulling the ultimate do-over. These are the things I plan to do. Add, edit or delete as you see necessary. As always, insults welcome.

  1. Do the right things for my family

  2. Continue Bike Chain and related companies

  3. Listen more, talk less

  4. Ride more, talk less

  5. Eat and drink better, and do it slower

  6. Promote three events in Tallahassee

  7. Sponsor a third party race series

  8. Re-enthuse the Florida Mountain Bike Association

  9. Win the GSC

  10. Spank at least 2 of the crew at BUMP - in a skirt

  11. Buy a small car and keep it clean

In the great words of , well me, you are either a winner or a participant - and I don't plan on participating.


Kent

4 comments:

RonD said...

Holy shit! What version of "Kent" is this anyway? We need to start keeping track, is anyone keeping count?

bikechain said...

Nice. Add to this I want to run the July 4th tri in under 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Mark said...

Kent, you are a winner!!! No more negative jokes from me

RickySilk said...

and that could probably be whittled down to 5 really golden ones.