Thursday, October 22, 2009

Now I get it!

Now I see that all the breeders are full of it. I was always curious if it really was true. The breeders will tell you that having a baby is a must-do and you will never be able to find as much joy as a baby. Maybe. Maybe not. I think that what is more likely is that they want to see you go down in a huge ball of flames. That will bring them joy. Unfortunately for me, most of my crew already has kids and I have zero victims-to-be on the back burner. Luckily, I have brought joy into my friends lives by wallering in the grips of misery for the past six weeks; but they are are liars and I hate them all for the truths they have sheltered. A quick run down of some of the crew will show that I don't have anyone to bring me joy in the way others have had with me. I don't have anyone to point and laugh at (except for Darien, but thats too close to my own misery. that will most likely be a simultaneous laugh and cry). Some of the guys are too young, some are too old, and only two are possible candidates. So, be sure not to let Steve or Tyler in on any knowledge of any of the misery of fatherhood. In the meantime I will have to decide whether to take the high road, or be deceitful / unscrupulous / unconscionable and join the ranks of the lying majority.
As far as bikes go, here we go. I have my wheels finally and the Lynskey is getting built today. I plan to meet the guys for Thursday lunch. I plan to watch a one time showing of a cycling "movie" tonight with the chain gang. So, yeh, I am on a come back and actually plan to get on a bicycle one day real soon.

10 comments:

BIGWORM said...

Come on in, Brother. The water is juuussst right.

BIG JIM said...

Don't tease me.

bikediet said...

You two! you are the ones....

For real guys, it is great. BW, BJS, the water is terrific! Jump in....

bikechain said...

Dude you sound like me. For real though - you got to quit crying about it. The first time you get a real smile, or when they say daddy, or when they stop crying because YOU pick them up - it's ALL worth it.

DRAGON

Human Wrecking Ball said...

It's been long enough. I have been supportive. It's time for the truth. You are a pussy. Having one kid in diapers is like being on vacation. I had two, *LYLE HAD THREE*! So as my old Pa used to say:
"Ah quit yer belly aching!"

Mark said...

Now hold on a minute. WB and the dragon. You two are among the liars. I am not complaining so much as making a realization that breeders lie. See, as soon as I bring up the truth, y'all start turning on me. Its like a secret society and I am apparently not fully accepted. Billy L., C. Marino and myself have been talking about maybe touring the US and spreading the truth. Haters

RickySilk said...

Did I forget to say the first 6 months sucks very very bad?

Wrecking ball is right though... once you have two in diapers you look back at the one and reminisce about the easy times.

Wanted to take the boy to the movie tonight but we just rode overstreet and he's cooked.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Brilliant post, and comments BD. Funny even of it's built on the grassy knoll.
There will come a time at a dance recital, or a play or on a soccer field that you will powerless to stop tears from forming. You will look back on the times when she needed you for everything (like she does now) and you will wonder where the years went. Revel in your time, it is a fleeting thing.

Double Nought Seven said...

I just cannot wait to start sending gifts, like things with loud sirens, drums to beat on, play-do, finger paint, an easy bake oven, ice cone maker, loud aggravating presents that tikes just love and make a mess. Yep, count on it! I cannot wait to share the joy of getting play-do out of the carpet with you, or maybe just some markers to color the walls with? I have two girls and un named sibling of mine got them a very loud toy police car that sirens and ran around the kitchen when Rachel was like two. So, everyone, let's make sure in say a year year and half from now, lots of loud bright toys for the newest Whittington?

Little Ball said...

its good to have to you back!