Thursday, October 15, 2009

If the phone doesn't ring, its me not calling


Well, FSC #3 at our local trail is coming up this weekend and I won't be racing. For those of you who have raised children before will understand and my excuse can be shortened to just a few words (I have a 5 week old girl). For those of who have never had the pleasure, I don't think you will ever understand the level of pain until you do get the chance to care for a newborn baby. It is not as simple as saying that you get robbed of sleep. It is day in and day out of pure sleep deprived misery. You get to sleep at intervals of 1-2hours at a time with 1-2 hours awake time between. If you are like Darien, no problem, you just go back to sleep. If you are like me, that basically means you don't ever get back to sleep after your first 1-2 hour "nap". Have you ever had a couple of bad nights of sleep in a row?? Yeh, try 40 days in a row so far. So, to say I feel like crap is an understatement. I tried to do round #2 and realized that was a mistake. And, that was three weeks ago, I am way worse off now. In the past 5 weeks, I should have gotten in around 50 hours of riding with structure, to include approximately 30 rides, 10 runs, 20 days in the gym. Hmmm, not quite. I've gotten in three bike rides to total about 2.5 hours, 2 runs that equal about a mile if added together, and 100 pushups (50 on two different days). So anyway, I am not racing. Not because I have a problem not winning, but because my body and my schedule will not allow for recovery if I were to attempt to race.


But enough about me. It is beginning to sound like everyone is backing out?? We drive out of town all the time to race and now we can't even race out of our own back door? Ric, sick. Jim, sick. Ken, Sick. Terry, not sure but he seems down that everyone else is backing out. Tyler is doing first timer and going full rigid to give his competitors a fighting chance. Chris? He was motivated to help provide on-trail protection for Ric in case those clowns tried to jump him. David will race, but he will be all decked out in his endurancefactor gear. Steve and Tim???? Darien, you better race now while you can. Zak HAS to race cause he has a new bike to show off. Kent. ( I figure that was enough said about that). Anyone else gonna race? Come on we gotta represent. It all about flying your colors. What gang are you with?

9 comments:

Little Ball said...

I'll be reppin the black and orange on sunday! Its going to be chilly!

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I am going for it balls out. I am not feeling as good on the bike as I'd like, but I am racing. BC geared head to toe.

longshanks said...

I'm in, already been reminding myself that we'll be in my house on Sunday.

Those power naps are vital or you'll be awake for the next two months.

RickySilk said...

I'm holding onto hope. Game day decision.

BIG JIM said...

Hang in there. Just think, in only eighteen more years we can have a bike riding reunion. Hope they let me store my bike in the retirmenet home.

I've done something like 13 races in the last year. All but one being out of town. At least two I have driven to by myself. Finally, one where all I have to do is walk out my back door and I get sick the week before. Ain't it a bitch.

BIGWORM said...

For now, I'm in the sick column. I just spent another sleepless night hacking and coughing, despite the two doses of cough syrup with codeine.

Brent217 said...

That's what you get when you kiss each other good night after rides. Everyone needs hand sanitizer in there bottle cages.

As far as racing goes, I'm in the gym preparing for 2010. But I'll be there for support.

Mark, my boy is 8 months old and were just now getting a good nights sleep. hang in there.

Double Nought Seven said...

I have to laugh, I remember both you and Kent wondering what the hell, why are'nt you riding, oh you don't need sleep and so on. Well welcome to the club! Again congrats, it does get better over time, dont' and I repeat don't let her in the bed with you, if you do you will play hell getting her out. Now, we just need Chris to do the same and he too will know the pain!

bikechain said...

ROTFLMFAO