Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zone 5 Bike Purchase...I Think


Rumor has it that my wheels have arrived and my frame is being assembled in Oregon. I need a fork and that is in the works. Hopefully if things pan out, I will be wearing a BC/Ellsworth kit while riding an Ellsworth.

I am a little sad to see the orange Turner on the chopping block. It is a great bike, an orange bike. The parts will be surfacing up on eBay next week. I would love to keep both but can't afford it. The new bike will fly under the radar with the black and white theme. No more "hey look at me, my frame and wheels are orange!"

If the owner/proprietor of Zone 5 can manage to get all parts in Tallahasse by May 15, I may come up to build the bike and help out with the Red Bug Challenge. My visits are always on the fence because I have about a million assholes' behavior dictating when I can have off. Worse comes to worse, I will have K-Dub, K-Swiss, Red Dragon, Butcher, whatever she is calling herself these days, send me the stuff and will build it in North Cuba.

If all goes well, I will be up there with 5.5 of ICT travel and a cross bike looking for clay again. Cross your fingers, I am due for a visit.

5 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Love the pic. Come on up. Always good to see you.

Mark said...

Well with the new and improved Pink Butcher, your bike may be ready too soon and you have to come up a week early....nice pic!

BTW, congrats on your win in the 5K Jim!

bikechain said...

What happened to my pants? Ron's new bike is going to be good.... pics soon

RonD said...

Bet that is not the first time you have said that to a bunch of guys.

Mark said...

I know a cop has asked him that question before.....