Friday, March 12, 2010

Mirror, Mirror


An article found on MSNBC.com states “Forget about opposites attracting. We like people who look like us, because they tend to have personalities similar to our own. And, a new study suggests, the longer we are with someone, the more similarities in appearance grow.”

Now I don’t know that I agree with this study, but I do know that if one more person mistakes me for the Red Dragon (a/k/a The Butcher) they may get a face full of my fist.

Now don’t get me wrong, I like me some Red Dragon, but other than the slimmest of resemblance we are nothing alike. For example:

-I ride my bike regularly = Seeing Red Dragon on a bike is like spotting Sasquatch in the Pacific NW;

-I like things neat and orderly = Red Dragon’s truck looks like a refuge dispenser;

-I’m quiet and reserved and don’t like to bring allot of attention to myself out in public = Red Dragon in a public place might be heard to say, in his most loud voice “do you remember that time I crapped my pants then threw my underwear at those nuns.”

So, the next time you see a guy riding his bike on the trail, his jersey neat and pressed, not making a sound……consider that maybe, just maybe, it is not the Red Dragon….It could be Sasquatch in disguise.

14 comments:

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Good one Kent.

Mark said...

written by Big Jim. Read it again Terry, it will make more sense. You had me rolling on the floor laughing my effin a-s-s off on this one BJS

bikechain said...

Not that I would ever want to give props to Gym but I'd have to say this is damn funny. The truth always hurts - and is always funny. Nice post

Juancho said...

Y'all need to move over and make room for me in that pic. You're totally biting my style.

Mingo said...

Charlie Brown has a twin?

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I was trying to make fun of the whole: Jim getting confused for Kent theme. Thanks for spoon feeding it to me though Mark.

BIGWORM said...

Don't put training wheels on it for him, WB!

Mark said...

I'm still ROTFLMfAO. Cortney just busted me on that Terry. I'm slowly but surely losing my humor and turning into pee pee poo poo pants. Good one HWB

Double Nought Seven said...

Jim/Kent, that's a scary pic. Although I would not mistake one for the other due to mannerisms, the photo is kind of scary! 50 mile group ride today! I brought it!

BIGWORM said...

And by "brought it", are you referring to the post ride lunch, 007?

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Jeez, I am laughing at all the comments, but BW sure took it to 007.
Mark you get a pass.
This whole post is in the classic file.

Double Nought Seven said...

BW, good zing! Since you feel so confident, side bet at the BUMP, loser comes to the line next year with a wig, lipstick, rouge, eye shadow, in other words somebody is gonna be a bitch. Now back that snide comment up will ya? You gonna take the bet?

Human Wrecking Ball said...

...puts down cards, raises eye brows, and pushes away from table.
"too rich for my blood boys!"
Puts on his coat, tips his hat and goes home.

BIGWORM said...

I'll say this for you, 007, you don't back down. No matter how many thumpin's you get... As many times as that ass has been waxed in the last few years, you'd think you couldn't even grow hair back there, anymore.

As for the side bet, I could see the wig, but I wouldn't want any part of the makeup. That race is hard enough without the soggy face paint in the eyes and mouth.