Friday, October 31, 2008

Throwing Down the Gauntlet


So I have been known to throw down the gauntlet. There has been boot camp, focused and disciplined, 12 minutes, red dragon and more. But this time it's for real. Prompted by the "new guys" thinking they are faster than me; the "old guys" knowing they are faster than me; my cousin weighs 40 pounds lighter than me; my 20 year high school reunion is next year; we now have a regional race team; and many other selfish reasons - I, Red Dragon, here by throw down a weight loss challenge. Weigh-in is November 6 at bikechain. End date will be negotiated at that time but a good bet is March 1. Terms are percentage weight loss. We do need a name for the competition so give me some feedback. Reward/punishment TBD. March 3rd is AMBC # 1 in Gainseville. Get your popcorn ready.


Red Dragon


BTW - that was my dinner last night. Carbing up for Callaway Gardens.

8 comments:

Cliff said...

My money is on Ricky Silk!

RickySilk said...

sheeeeeet... I'd like to gain a few.

BIG JIM said...

Great, right before the holidays. I got news for you. I ain't givin up no pumpkin and pecan pie before now and January 1.

bikediet said...

Kent, I hope you win - you're a daisy if ya do.

Cliff said...

I think everyone should be allowed to hold extra weight for the weigh-in but it must be suspended from your nut-sack with clothes pins.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Only you would bulk up for a weight loss contest.
I do fear the Red Dragon...on so many levels.

RickySilk said...

I got a bag of leftover candy for the weigh-in.

singlespeed65 said...

I'll take some of this action!